Thursday, December 13, 2007

New York's Finest: Hot Chocolate


The hail tapping my window right now has prompted me to post this most delicious post.

Hot chocolate is a staple of mine for getting through the winter. I don't know how I survived four years living in Maine - but I'm a complete wuss when it comes to winter. My hands, my feet, my nose - they all cry out as soon as my pinky toe steps outside. (John loves this about me.) I walk around with my shoulders pressed up to my ears and wonder why I have a sore neck.

So anyway - hot chocolate. Last February, New York Magazine rated the city's top cups of hot chocolate, and I was pretty proud that my favorite was also their number one choice: City Bakery. YUM. It's more like drinking chocolate and you can really only have about 5 or 10 sips before you get a tummy ache. So take it easy. My friend Nick says Jacques Torres is the best, but NYMag only gave it #7:


Try to keep up, Nick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Birdie Nummers! I love Mexican Hot Chocolate. Doesn't hot chocolate remind you of breakfast in Spain.

Alicia said...

Totally unrelated though either of those cups of cocoa would be welcome on this snowy AM in Colorado... I received the L&H calendar as a surprise pre-Christmas gift in the mail yesterday & it's fantastic!!! I want it be Jan 1 NOW so that I can display it - now the question of whether or not I should hang up one month at a time or the whole beautiful year at once...

Great work!

Anonymous said...

liz we all know JT be rocking the HC in Brooklynnnn